This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Geometry data weirdly permuted in Catfood 1.40

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I am working on a .NET C# project to import polygons into a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. With Catfood 1.20, all 400 or so shapes are correctly imported (modulo missing special characters in metadata  text strings).

After updating Catfood to version 1.40 I noticed that all the records are still present, but that the IDs and names of my polygons are weirdly permuted with the actual shapes. The aggregate shapes look the same, but the metadata don't jive.

I have since reverted to Catfood 1.20, and all is back to normal. Anyone have an idea what could be going on?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Can you share the Shapefile in question? It would be useful to reproduce the problem.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I am attaching the shapefile in question. It is the result of a reprojection using ogr2ogr.

Dr. Edgar .R. Knapp

3T Communications AG

PS: I just checked whether the attached zip file had been transferred together with the text of my reply, but no such luck. What is the easiest way to "share" the shapefile?

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

How large is the attachment? I've moved this issue to a work item (http://shapefile.codeplex.com/workitem/10189) and you can upload an attachment there if it's less than 4MB.

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I've added a couple of fixes. Not in a release yet but can you download the latest source and see if this works for you?